3 game series against UCLA next (April 26th – 28th)

• 3 game series against UCLA next (April 26th – 28th)

Posted by Kenny on April 24, 2024 at 10:00 pm

Utes will be facing off against UCLA next. They failed to win against BYU yesterday, but now it’s onward to our next matchup. This time UCLA will be coming for a visit on our turf, so I expect us to land a couple wins.

Thing is UCLA has been pretty awful this season, currently on a 6 game losing streak and sitting on a record of 13-25. I think Utes could sweep them.

Pat replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 13 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • TSmith

April 24, 2024 at 10:20 pm

If UCLA is that awful, we better not lose a single game to them.

• Mite

April 24, 2024 at 10:37 pm

With how awful UCLA is in terms of baseball, I see no chance we lose a single game to them. I like to see their losing streak extend to 9 in a row after we’re done with them.

• Reggie

April 24, 2024 at 10:44 pm

Well, keep in mind it could always turn into a trap game or trap series. I don’t think that will happen because UCLA is pretty bad, but anything can happen in this sport.

I think we’ll end up being too much for UCLA. I can see many of these games ending with us in double digits.

• Jaxon

April 24, 2024 at 10:54 pm

I don’t think UCLA will pull off any trap game wins. I think Utes will find an easy series coming and will be ready for whoever comes next.

• Aaron

April 24, 2024 at 11:03 pm

I would cry if we end up losing to UCLA with how they’re playing this season. One loss wouldn’t be a big deal, but we have to at least win 2-1.

• JAKEY

April 25, 2024 at 7:38 pm

Game 1 takes place tomorrow. I’m betting we win the first game easily. Game 2 might be a bit worse, but I think we pull off the win for all three games.

• Greg

April 25, 2024 at 7:51 pm

No chance we lose a single game to UCLA, if we do I will question our chances in the long run.

• UtesPro

April 25, 2024 at 8:09 pm

One loss isn’t a big deal, but I agree, we can’t let them sweep us or get majority of the wins. I doubt that will happen, but you never know.

• AndyUte

April 25, 2024 at 8:31 pm

Utes will be the joke of the day if they can’t win one game or at least 2 games in this series. I don’t see that happening, as I expect the Utes to pull the sweep. Especially being against UCLA.

• Zero

April 25, 2024 at 8:37 pm

Yeah them losing wouldn’t look good, but I think we’d recover from it fast enough. If they do win any games, it’s just going to be one game out of the three. There is no chance they will end up sweeping us. Just not going to happen.

• Jack

April 26, 2024 at 5:51 pm

I think the run we’re on, is going to continue with a sweep. Think about how that helps our chances going forward.

There are only three full on series left for us to play following this series. Plus a couple games against Utah Tech before the Pac-12 tournament begins. Imagine if we landed a win in them all, that’d be epic.

• Pat

April 26, 2024 at 6:53 pm

I expect them to get a clean sweep on UCLA. I don’t think UCLA has the talent or skills to best us anytime soon.